Please take the following steps:
1. Watch this video.
2. Prepare a media scenario involving a news issue you are likely to face in real life. Please specify the exact news reporter and media outlet.
3. Brainstorm on message points and sound bites to use for an interview on the scenario you created. Please record yourself on video delivering 3 message sound bites and at least 3-6 sound bites for each message point in a presentation in the 1 to 3 minute range. Watch the video. Keep speaking, reviewing, and re-recording your presentation until you are completely satisfied that you are coming across your very best in terms of substance and style.
4. Email this video to email@example.com by the agreed-upon date.
5. In the same email, please share your work bio, as well as links to any media appearances and presentations that you have given in the past two years.
Supplemental materials to help you fulfill the homework assignment.
1. Enroll in my media training course The coupon code for this course is “clientpass.” There is no extra charge to you for this course.
2. Read Media Training Success – How Anyone Can Become A Media Pro
3. Read MediaTrainingA-Z
For our pre-training session, we will be using Zoom. If you have never used Zoom before, please install the software using this link.
Using the Zoom software, you can record yourself doing your homework scenario by hitting the record button. (Please follow this procedure after our pre-training call)
Click the option to record from the cloud. As soon as you end your Zoom call, you will receive an email with a link to the video you had just created.
Please forward the link and password that you receive. This way, you don’t have to upload any videos. If you would prefer to send us a video file or document through Google Drive, Onedrive, Dropbox, or your favorite video hosting alternative, that is acceptable as well.
If you have any questions, please call or email me at +1.212.764.4955 or firstname.lastname@example.org