Please click below to learn more about our crisis communications training workshop.
As a thank you for contacting us, I’d like you to have free access to 2 of my crisis media training books here. MediaTrainingA-Z and Media Training Success – How Anyone Can Become A Media Pro.
I’d also like for you to check out my work and verify that I have the expertise you are looking for. That’s why I am giving you complete access now to my comprehensive online crisis communications media training course. The coupon code for this course is “clientpass.” There is no extra charge to you for this course.
Media Training Worldwide Proposes to help your executives learn the following skills:
- Appear comfortable, confident and relaxed on video/TV and in all media interviews during a crisis.
- Frame 30 second, 3-part media messages.
- Answer tough questions from reporters in a focused, strategic manner.
- Formulate and speak in sound bites in order to control the exact quotes that get used in stories.
- Pre-training conference call with trainer to go over goals and objectives of training and to review homework.
- Assigned reading: Media Training A to Z and Media Training Success (PDFs provided).
- Assigned online media training course: Media Training-How to Speak To The News Media Effectively (Link provided).
- Homework assignment: Prepare a 3 part media message and 3 sound bites for each message for the following media scenario (scenario to be provided).
- Trainees practice their messages and sound bites on video.
- Trainees will be put through mock interviews and recorded.
- Interviews will be watched.
- Interviews will be critiqued.
- Trainees will be interviewed again with an emphasis on doing more of the positive and less of the negative, based on critiques.
- This process will be repeated up to 10 times for each trainee.
Follow Up Training
- Each trainee will be given one opportunity to rehearse his/her next media interview via Skype Video with trainer TJ Walker for 15 minutes.
- Each trainee can send one media interview for an extensive critique from TJ Walker
- Trainees can send any media-related question to TJ Walker via email or phone and will receive a detailed answer, in video.
- Trainees will have access to the online training school for one year.
- Trainees will be sent follow up training videos each week (average of 5 per week).
TJ Walker is the founder of Media Training Worldwide and has been conducting media training workshops and seminars since 1984. Walker has trained Presidents of countries, Prime Ministers, Nobel Peace Prize winners, Super Bowl winners, U.S. Senators, Miss Universes and Members of Parliament.
His book, “Secret to Foolproof Presentations” was a USA Today #1 Bestseller, as well as a Wall Street Journal, and Business Week Bestseller. Walker is a also a regular contributor to Forbes and the Reuters Insider Network and has written for the Huffington Post. A frequent network news communications analyst, Walker has made more than 1000 network TV and radio appearances on CBS, ABC, Fox News Channel, MSNBC, CNN, Bloomberg TV, Al Jazeera, NBC, CCTV, Fox Business, Russia Today, HLN, TrueTV, Comedy Central, Sirius and NPR. In 2009, Walker entered the Guinness Book Of World Records for most talk show appearances ever in a 24 hour period.
Walker is also the author of “Media Training A-Z” and “Media Training Success.” Walker is also the producer/host of The TJ Walker News and Comment Channel on YouTube which has thousands of subscribers and millions of views.
Walker was a merit scholar at Duke University where he graduated magna cum laude. He has lectured or conducted trainings at Yale University, Columbia University and Princeton University.
Cost: $8500 per day
Maintenance and Build Program $12,000 for one-year program