If you are conducting a search for “public speaking skills” or “presentation training” online, you are likely to be overwhelmed with millions of websites, many of which claim to do the same thing.
Everyone says they will help you speak with confidence, eliminate nervousness, increase clarity, make your messages more memorable and help you get the audience to take the actions you want. These are excellent goals, and that’s what we help people do here at Media Training Worldwide as well.
So how is Media Training Worldwide different from the competition?
Here are 10 ways:
1. Transparency. We don’t ask you to take our word for our competency or ask you to make a decision based on faith. We actually show you our entire public speaking training curriculum in the form of hundreds of videos and many hours of content. If you ask for a presentation skills training proposal from us, you will receive our entire online public speaking skills training course that covers the top 100 issues and topics surrounding presentation training. The online course isn’t a substitute for in-person training, but it allows you to check us out in advance and to see that we have an answer and a step-by-step process for every public speaking training question and issue you may have.
2. Risk-Free Guarantee. We guarantee our work. You expect this from a competent plumber or roofer, so why not your public speaking skills trainer? We actually guarantee that you will come across as a confident speaker and that your audience will remember your key messages, if you follow our step-by-step process for preparing and delivering presentations. If you don’t succeed, we will deliver another day of training for you at no extra cost to you.
3. Systemic Presentation Skills Training Approach. If we train just a small group of individuals from your organization (or even one) there is always the danger that their public speaking skills revert back to old habits because of institutional inertia. That’s why we provide our online presentation skills training courses to your entire organization (at no extra cost). This way, all players on your executive team and communication staff can receive the same information as your trainees.
4. Comprehensive Communications Training. Public Speaking skills don’t happen in a vacuum. Every organization has a communications culture and our job is to improve your whole organization’s communication practices. We have the largest spoken communication online training library in the world (more than 100 courses) and we make our entire course catalog, with thousands of lectures and exercises, available to your entire organization for one month at no extra charge.
5. On Camera time. The industry norm for on-camera appearances is 2-4 times per day of training. We deliver at least 10 on-camera appearances per person for each day of training. Our 30 years of training experience has taught us that when it comes to a skill like public speaking, people learn by giving presentations and then watching video of themselves, and then trying again after receiving a constructive critique. Rapid repetition of this process is needed to create breakthroughs in new skills and habits.
6. Follow up Rehearsal. At no extra charge, we rehearse with you through Skype video (after the training, but before your next presentation). Not just talking or consulting through Skype, but actually recording you giving a presentation and then critiquing it together in real time.
7. Follow up Critiques. Lots of firms will offer to critique your presentations after a training. We go the extra step by giving your speeches a review in video form. We won’t just write in a text email that your hands were grabbing a lectern awkwardly. We will demonstrate in a video format so that you can see us showing what to do and not do.
8. Goal focused. Presentation skills training is inherently more interesting than many other types of professional training. A common response after any day of public speaking skills training is that the particular trainer was “great, “interesting,” “fun,” and “wonderful at demonstrating.” At Media Training Worldwide, that isn’t the response we generate after a day of training. After a day of training using our methods, our trainees point to video of themselves and talk about how great they are, how good they look, how wonderful their speaking is and how they can’t wait to give real presentations in front of live audiences. Our goal is to make your people great at giving presentations, and we never lose sight of that.
9. Collaboration with communications team. At Media Training Worldwide, we engage the entire in-house and outside PR and communications team to be an active part of the training day and to ask questions during mock question and answer sessions after the presentations. Plus, we have other trainees ask questions of their colleagues during the Q and A sessions. We know that we don’t have a monopoly on tough questions and that you and your colleagues actually know the toughest questions people in your industry are likely to face. Plus, our goal is to build a culture within your organization that encourages group rehearsals before every speech or presentation.
10. No Slick Video. We don’t hide behind slickly produced video. On most other public speaking skills training websites you will see videos of the trainers that are highly edited and use graphics, music, special effects etc. That’s great if you are looking to hire a media production company. But if you are standing up in front of a live audience giving a speech or presentation, you won’t be able to use a lot of special effects or music to cover up mistakes. People are staring at you speaking! You’ve got to be great simply by talking. That’s why in all of the videos you see here on our website and on this page, you just see our lead trainer talking to you, without edits, graphics or special effects. We teach you to communicate well regardless of your surroundings, so we practice what we preach here as well.
Please call +1.22.764.4955 today to discuss your specific public speaking skills training needs.